Thursday, November 29, 2012

Oh My Darlin' Tablescape

This is the perfect tablescape for this sort of in between time--end of November fall/beginning of December wintertime. When i saw this setting in the Lowe's Creative Idea Magazine, i said to myself, Self, this we could do.  We've got vases and we love clemetines--the only hard part will be ensuring no one eat said clementines.



Yay!  Loves it.




 




Don't you think the candlestick mimics the look of the pinecone?



 





You better believe the boyfriend was thrilled to see that he was finally given the ok to tear into the clementines. 





 




The only item that was actually purchased for this table was the clementines for 5 bucks a box. And considering that they did double duty as decor and healthy snacks, i'd say that's money well spent. Enjoy!



I'll be participating in these parties and if you are too, you really should be linking like this, b/c do you think i really want all this busy-ness down here?  no. and they say they won't feature people who don't show a link, but time and time again i see them do just that. really gets my blood boiling holiday copycat @: debbie doos, krafty kat, mod mix monday, Craftomaniac, Motivate Me Mon @ Keeping it Simple, DIY Showoff, Met Monday, Anything Goes, home stories a-z, Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, be inspired @ elizabeth and co, tabletop tues, lil luna, get your craft on, sugar bee crafts. sugar and spice @ 733, wow us weds @savvy southern style, wicked awesome weds @ handy man, crafty woman, whatever goes weds @ someday crafts, 52 mantles, fall into fall, Transformation Thurs @ The Shabby Creek Cottage, vintage thingy thurs @ the colorado lady, Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple, hooking up @ house of hepworths, open house @ no minimalist here, share awesomeness @ 36th ave, tutorials and tidbits, Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring, Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest, feature yourself fri @ Fingerprints on the fridge, Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity now, free for all @ 5days5ways, Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage, my romantic home, frugalicious friday @ finding fabulous, potpourri @ 2805, thrifty things fri @ the thrifty groove, refresh your nest @ making lemonade, show and tell fri @ my romantic home, overflowing w/ creativity @ it's overflowing, nifty thrifty sundays, under the table and dreaming., shaken together, seasonal sundays @ the tablescaper, tablescape thurs @ between naps on the porch, xmas tablescapes @ stone gable, xmas tour @ nesting place, xmas vignettes @ a thoughtful place



XmasCheer2012-150x150

40 comments:

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Long time no blog see! I am finally getting to my projects and blog again. Glad to see my favorites are still around after more than a year!

I love the centerpieces! Great job and glad the boyfriend FINALLY got to eat the clementines!

Tricia said...

Stunning centerpiece idea! And so perfect with those wonderful pinecone dishes!

LV said...

I really like the pine cone effect on the table. You could get plenty of them around here.

Visits With Mary said...

Beautiful tablescape! Love your pinecone dishes.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

"Self" you did a fabulous job! I truly L.O.V.E. this! On your dark table the dishes and the centerpiece just pops! I am so impressed! Who is the maker of those dishes? They are really pretty!
Big Hugs and oh yes you had me at Clementines!! Hugs, Linda

dgmills said...

I love your pinecone dishes... do you mind showing where you got them or who they are made by?
Lovely tablescape and so creative.

Reunion Committee said...

So so pretty! I love all the natural elements!!!
~Tana

Sandy said...

Your so right, the glass with the
clementines looks so pretty and I had to laugh, darling can now eat the fruit...
Love it
Sandy

Dianne said...

I love the striking simplicity of this table. The pinecone dishes are beautiful agains the black table and the centerpiece with the Clementines is wonderful. Dianne

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

I love your tablescape. I live in Florida, so this will be a great idea for me to use sometime. Thanks so much for sharing.
Laurie @ pride in photos

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment on my White Christmas tablescape! I have to get the "snow" in somewhere since I live in Texas. Love your table...very fresh!

Marlis said...

i do love this table!!! The oranges and the pinecones.. well just perfect. love love your dishes too.. xo marlis

Crystal @ 29 Rue House said...

Love the clementines and it's neat how the candle does mimic the pinecone!

Chubby Chieque said...

This is a great tablescaping! Your dancing & slamming with the gorgeous centerpiece. Love it!

Greetings,
/CC

Alycia Nichols said...

Hello, Miss Cape on the Corner! What a beautiful, beautiful table setting! I am sure that getting the natives to keep away from anything edible before it is photographed is quite the task. I know it is around here! You did a really great rendition of the photo, and I like that you applied your own creativity. The centerpiece items go great with the cool dishes!!! I DID see how the bottom of that candlestick looked kind of like a pinecone! Love your new word, too! :-)

Debbiedoos said...

Love love love it! My copy cat is something with pinecones too:) Tis the season. Thanks for joining this week and see you next week too.

chateau chic said...

Fruit makes a beautiful centerpiece on a table. You did good!
I'm a new follower, Mary Alice

Anne Birdsong said...

Hi, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from Make It Pretty Monday.

This looks great! I never would have thought to use oranges in a Christmas table display, but it really works! Well done...

Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Awesome job! The inspiration photo was great but yours is better! I agree the candlestick shape does mimick the pinecones! Glad you shared the clementines with the boyfriend! LOL... great job!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! Looks so perfect like it could be in a magazine too!

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

This is so beautiful and easy to do--I love how festive it looks!

Paula@SweetPea said...

This looks so pretty! I also admired the same photo.

Katja | Shift Ctrl Art said...

Love how the orange looks with the pinecones. Awesome!

yourfriendrobin said...

Wow what a gorgeous table set up. I love those oranges, too. If I did a table like that I would enjoy it so much... for about 3 minutes until my boys ate all those oranges. :)

The 2 Seasons said...

What a great tablescape. Plus your dishes work great. So fun!

Emily@TheWickerHouse said...

Love the mix of oranges and pinecones. It looks natural and colorfull.

Jacqueline said...

I just love the color combination in your vases with the pinecones and the oranges. What a pretty combination and they are so stunning in the vases too!

Wildflower said...

This is beautiful--very pretty combination of colors, shapes, and textures!

Maria said...

How BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love your tablescape! Love the lemons and the pinecones, they look great together! Beautiful!

michele said...

this is a clever combo that comes off as modern but also retro! unique!

hope you will find a moment to stop by and enter a giveaway i am hosting for followers (i hope you win!):
http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

happy weekend to you!

michele

Debbiedoos said...

This is a beaut! And I am glad you shared it with the party. Great inspiration

Dwell on Joy said...

I love this seasonal color combination! Visiting from It's Overflowing...Sarah @dwellonjoy.com

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I love the bright pop of orange! My daughter did the exact same thing and it looks so fresh and pretty.

Always Nesting said...

Perfect table and I love the centerpieces. Win win in my book to look pretty then be able to eat it. :)

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

This is just so beautiful. I love that it is different, and it caught my eye because it's so non-traditional. Came over via Debbiedoos copycat party.

Debra from Bungalow said...

I love the simplicity of this look! It's so pretty :) Merry Christmas!

Diann said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your tablescape is so perfect with the simplistic decor. Love it! Thank you for sharing it with us at TTF last week. Have a wonderful day!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Congratulations! You've been featured on Handy Man, Crafty Woman's Wicked Awesome Wednesday. Please feel free to stop by the site to pick up your "I've been featured!" button. Thank you for sharing the great centerpiece idea!

Alyssa@CleverNest said...

Beautiful, classy and fun! I was just thinking what to do with two large bags of oranges. I love the idea of a pop of color in with pine cones and greenery!

Come say hi!:) myclevernest.com
Alyssa

Sharon ~ Life After Empty Nest said...

I LOVE this! Your version looks better than the magazine cover! I like the clementines and smaller pine cones MUCH better! Might have to "borrow" this idea next year! Simple and BEAUTIFUL my favorite combo!