Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bon Bini Back

Ahoy there!  Yes, ahoy-when one spends two weeks in Aruba, removed from all aspects of social media and doing nothing but beach lounging, snorkeling, and gorging on fabulous food, one is permitted to speak as if adrift in the sparkly blue waters of the Caribbean sea. 

I swear i actually forgot how to drive my first day back.  This pedal does what now?  Did my car always make this noise?  And work--what is that?  Oy, i wish every day was a vacation day! 

Pictures, you say?  Well sure, i'll show you some pictures.


The Mill-a very budget friendly and incredibly convenient hotel where we stayed our first week.

Oh yes, take a seat right here why don't you?

Just walkin' on the beach, looking for a stray morsel.

Balashi Beer brewed in Aruba, and later we toured the brewery, where we totally rocked a hair net.

Bitterballen!  We loved it in Holland, and we loved it here!

De Palm Pier-you see that very leftmost portion?  That's where we ate the bitterballen and had our first Balashi.  Behind us was nothin' but gorgeous blue waters and anchored up boats.

 
A very green cunuku (home).

Mangel Halto beach.  Deserted during the week b/c tourists generally don't stray from the tourist area, yet Aruba is completely safe to drive around on your own.


This wreck just popped up during the last major storm.  Thank goodness it wasn't the wreck we were to snorkel on, b/c it's lookin' mighty rough!  All i knew about the snorkel wreck (the Antilla) was that it came out of the water, so it made sense to think this was it.
 
There are more posts with more pictures-too much pretty for only one post, of course!

So congratulations to all of you that undoubtedly announced new pregnancies or job promotions or new homes on the horizons. And a Bon bini (welcome) back to me.

Find me here Craftomaniac, Motivate Me Mon @ Keeping it Simple, It's So Very Cheri, Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter, DIY Project Parade @ DIY Showoff, Met Monday, overflowing w/ creativity @ it's overflowing, nifty thrifty tuesdays @ coastal charm Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, home stories a-z, be inspired @ elizabeth and co, lil luna, organizing party @ organize your stuff now, sugar bee crafts. sugar and spice @ 733, wow us weds @ savvy southern style, wicked awesome weds @ handy man, crafty woman, diy by design, whatever goes weds @ someday crafts, Transformation Thurs @ The Shabby Creek Cottage, 100 and Under @ Beyond the Picket Fence, Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple, hooking up @ house of hepworths, open house @ no minimalist here, share awesomeness @ 36th ave, Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring, Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest, feature yourself fri @ Fingerprints on the fridge, Weekend Bloogy Reading @ Serenity now, Catch as Catch Can @ My Repurposed Life, Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage, Addicts Anonymous @ A2D, frugalicious friday @ finding fabulous, refresh your nest @ making lemonade, show and tell fri @ my romantic home, free for all @ 5days5ways, home sweet home @ charm of home.

21 comments:

Megan {The Brick Bungalow} said...

I'm so jealous! I know you deserved the break. I'm sure it was hard to adjust back to normal life after such beautiful scenery.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos! Glad you had fun on your Vaca- looks like you had lots of fun!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Looks like so much fun! Bon bini to you! Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Looks like fun. I went on a six week vacation and then went to the Caribbean for two weeks but I'm still a little jealous. So glad you had fun.

Jill said...

Welcome back!! Photos are awesome and it sounds like you had a fabulous holiday! Good for you!! Bit hard to get back into reality after a lovely break like that! Keep on looking at the photos and remembering!

Lisa said...

Paradise! Those pictures are so pretty! Looks like such a great vacation!

Meg said...

Welcome back indeed! After two weeks, I think I would've never come back. I would've just decided this is my home now - now send me my dog (or in your case, cat). Now, what are those fried balls? And the sauce with the fried balls. I'd google it but I'd much rather you tell me! ;)

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Bon Bini! What beautiful pictures. 2 weeks away sounds heavenly.

Megan {The Brick Bungalow} said...

I wanted to let you know I gave you the Kreativ Blogger Award! Come check out the page at http://thependletonhouse.blogspot.com/2012/05/thanks-emily.html and remember to pass it along! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh boy, what a fantastic photos. Wish I could be there right about now:) Glad you had fun, sweetie. Muah

Angie said...

Looks like one heck of a vacation~exactly what I am in need of! Love all the photos. I am your newest follower~hope you will pop over for a visit! Angie

That Girl in Pearls said...

Looks like a fantastic trip! I have yet to make it to Aruba which is actually quite sad seeing as I lived in Venezuela for four years. So close. The rest of us will just have to live vicariously through your postcardesque photos.

XOXO
B.
That Girl in Pearls

Atticmag said...

What an ideal vacation spot. Just gorgeous, so peaceful and different. Haven't been to Aruba but I must say your photos have moved it up the list. It's always good to get a complete break and turn off, I believe. No internet can do wonders.
Thanks for stopping by. Jane

The Single Nester said...

Two weeks?! I am so jealous!

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

This is so awesome!! I do a foto friday series every Friday (go figure) where I try to highlight fun features of Curacao. I'm going to share this post on my facebook page. So glad you enjoyed your trip to my neck of the woods. :)

Emily said...

Great pictures! Looks like such a fun trip!!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Sounds dreamy!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

Amazing! what a perfect spot to relax! Glad you had a wonderful time!

Oona Johnson said...

Sounds amazing, chica! I am so jealous. My family (parents and brothers family) and I just got back from Disney World. I would have much rather been in Aruba with a man who loves me.

Crystal said...

glad you had a good vacation! Thanks for stopping by and commenting

The Boston Lady said...

I am way behind in my commenting and I'm sure glad I stopped by to see your pretty pictures. I've never been to Aruba and it looks like a gorgeous place. Good for you for exploring on your own - the only way (as long as it's safe) to see a new place. Welcome back. Ann