Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's like Christmas morn...

or, like, the 8th day of Chanukah or something. 


 Free samples and magazines galore that amassed during vacation.  I think i'm single handily keeping the magazine industry employed thanks to super cheap subscriptions.


There's the key necklace i won from Jena @ Involving Home.  Can't wait to wear it.

And while we're chatting in a random fashion, many of my recent posts have been giveaways and reviews. I am not out to make money on this blog, i don't have any sponsors-am i even worthy of them, would enough people see their pretty little picture on my sidebar, would anyone even PAY to be a sponsor, etc, etc.

But what i do promote and love is social spark, and how you can pick the items you review.  I honestly want you guys to know about the products i review, i'm not just accepting anything that comes my way.  There are lots of computer promotions, or iphone products, and kids stuff, that i choose to not post about (and therefore receive no reimbursement) because i don't know much about computers, and i don't have an iphone, and i don't have kids.  But home stuff?  And garden stuff?  That i have, that i strive to better, and that i blog about, so to me...it makes sense to review, promote, and post about those items.  I hope you don't see those posts as annoying or money grubbing, but if you do, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.  Just as i am entitled to carry on my way.

I'm thinking of making another blog that would be specific to reviews/giveaways, but the offerings are based on pageviews and all that good stuff.  If no one saw the other blog, then i would not get the items to review/giveaway, and that would totally defeat the purpose.  You see what i'm saying? 

Anyway, that's a lot of words and few pretty things to look at.  I promise I'll be posting pictures and talking vacation soon.

What's your favorite part about coming home from a trip? Reuniting with pets and kids? Sleeping in your own bed? Or picking up your pounds of mail and magazines?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Look at all those goodies! You get lots of fun mail! I always get excited for mail and then I realize it's all bills... :(

Meg said...

You're back! I can't wait to hear about the vaca.

The best part about returning from vacation is reuniting with pets (I've not left my kid yet) and knowing that you remembered ahead of time to put fresh sheets on the bed, so when you DO go to sleep in your own bed, it's clean crisp sheets waiting for you!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love your product reviews! It's items I would use myself and if I were to win would get to try for free...win/win!!

So love the amount of mags you are getting...lol...also that key necklace is sooo cute.

My fav thing when I get home...all of what you said..my own bed, Charlie and my guy and checking my mail. Sometimes there is some really great stuff waiting for me!

Glad you had a great trip and look forward to hearing all about it!

hugs, Linda

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

I am so with you on the SS bandwagon! Love that you can pick and choose! Can't wait to hear about your trip- and oh my gosh- you need a whole 2 days to read all those mags! Nice!!!