Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A tisket, a tasket, i bought baskets

Which is odd, because i'm not normally a basket person.  Could be argued a basket case, but basket collector, no.


Not normally a basket displayer, either, but that thing looks decorative with the alternating colors and large scale. Could be great as part of a gallery wall or something. 



Loved the interesting shape to this white vase. Though clearly not milkglass, i thought it could still go with that obsession collection.  Does not appear to be of any value, but i quite like it.  Little retro, little ga-roovy.



Another nice sized basket, this one used for corralling my smaller purses and clutches.  Better than just shoved in a closet, they will now be shoved in a basket...shoved in a closet. 


Yay for organizing.  It's the small things, people.

Find me here: thrifty treasures @ southern hospitality, Craftomaniac, Motivate Me Mon @ Keeping it Simple, It's So Very Cheri, Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter, DIY Project Parade @ DIY Showoff, Met Monday, overflowing w/ creativity @ it's overflowing, nifty thrifty tuesdays @ coastal charm Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, home stories a-z, be inspired @ elizabeth and co, lil luna, organizing party @ organize your stuff now, sugar bee crafts. sugar and spice @ 733, wow us weds @ savvy southern style, wicked awesome weds @ handy man, crafty woman, diy by design, whatever goes weds @ someday crafts, Transformation Thurs @ The Shabby Creek Cottage, 100 and Under @ Beyond the Picket Fence, Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple, hooking up @ house of hepworths, vintage thingy thurs @ the colorado lady,  open house @ no minimalist here, share awesomeness @ 36th ave, Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring, Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest, feature yourself fri @ Fingerprints on the fridge, Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity now, Catch as Catch Can @ My Repurposed Life, Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage, Addicts Anonymous @ A2D, frugalicious friday @ finding fabulous, refresh your nest @ making lemonade, show and tell fri @ my romantic home, free for all @ 5days5ways, home sweet home @ charm of home, thrifty things fri @ the thrifty groove.

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Garage sale or thrift store purchases?

You're not a basket person? I love baskets!

I have too many, but I totally need more! I love that you can kinda move them around the house as you need them for different things.

I'm still on the lookout for a big basket for toys, but I'm super picky about not spending more than $10 and the color has to be right.

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

What great finds made even more entertaining and interesting with the story you told. Thanks for making me chuckle on this gloomy day :)

Megan {The Brick Bungalow} said...

It's funny you mentioned baskets today. I was at Target yesterday looking at some of their large, darker colored baskets thinking I want them to help corral the ever growing toy collection. I also thought the color would be nice to break up all the gray in my TV room and provide some more natural tones. I was thinking about it this morning as I tackle the room (again!). Hmmm...

I also corral small bags and such in a basket in my closet. It at least makes it look more organized!

The Boston Lady said...

I find that I go in and out of phases with baskets. I really like unusual ones, and that top one is nice with the colors. Love the stamp on the bottom of your white find. Ann

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love baskets for organizing. It really does 'corral' items. Love that little vase! I agree it will go with a milk glass 'collection'!! Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

these are nice to give as a gift to my friend . her birthday is near by gifts to Pakistan

LV said...

I am not into baskets either, but I do like yours.

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

I had baskets like crazy several years ago but sold them all in a garage sale and then gave away the rest like a ding bat. Now I'm back looking for baskets for storage solutions and to add cute appeal. Love how you added your purses to them for organization.

Karie said...

Cute little baskets. They are great for organizing. I have a few for that reason. I have been slacking on my blog visits, and thought I had better check in on you, and see what you are up to. It is always good to visit and old bloggy friend. Have a wonderful day. Karie

Anonymous said...

I throw mine out and then wish I had one. Figures! Love your blog and your style....funny. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope your weekend is spectacular! ~

Rachel said...

Great finds!! I am weird and love to use baskets for organizing/corralling my junk!For some reason, I never thought about getting a basket to store my purses! Good idea! I love that little vase, it's funky and cute!

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Baskets are great for organizing! and easy to spray paint if needed!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I love baskets and it really IS the small things!

Diann said...

Love the thrifted baskets! And the use of one for your bags. it really is all about the little details! Thank you for sharing this with us last week at TTF. I hope you are having a terrific week!

My Dream Canvas said...

Lovely baskets. I am hosting a Giveaway to win a 50 dollar gift card to the store HomeGoods. It would be great if you stopped by and entered. Thanks Anu

Unknown said...

Hehe, I love that "they will now be shoved in a basket shoved in a closet." Sounds like my life, my closet is such a mess right now.

The Thriftiness Miss said...

Love the purse basket!