Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Aruba dooba doo

Duuudes!  I'm totally in slacker mode, on the blog and at work.  I can't get motivated, so here's more pictures from our trip to Aruba back in April.  It seems so long ago already!
California Lighthouse, as seen from beach.
Charlie's Bar in San Nicolas
Sooo many things to look at!
It was like this in the restrooms, too.  Just in case you wanted to know.  I did.

Home made Pastechi, chicken or cheese filled pastry.
Bon Bini Festival in Oranjestad on Tuesday nights.  Best 5 bucks spent on trip to learn the history of the island through dance and stories in Old Fort Zuman.
Dutch ribbon dance, since they are a dutch country.  There are lots of Dutch people who live there, and many restaurants serve Dutch food. 
I just need to say Dutch one more time.  Dutch Dutch Dutch.

On a totally different front, my not motivatedness has resulted in some pretty good reading and movie watching!  If you are looking for recommendations (since I always am) The Age of Miracles by Karen Walker Thompson and The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern were fabulous, suspend belief, sort of whimsy reads!






 and Albert Nobbs is a great movie, even though seeing Glenn Close like that weirds me out a little.  It's not the drag part...i think it's that nose...or her look of constant astonishment...or something.
Anybody read/seen these?  What did you think? 

Find me here Craftomaniac, Motivate Me Mon @ Keeping it SimpleMaking the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter,overflowing w/ creativity @ it's overflowingAnything Goes, Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, be inspired @ elizabeth and co, lil luna,  sugar bee crafts. sugar and spice @ 733wicked awesome weds @ handy man, crafty woman, whatever goes weds @ someday crafts, Transformation Thurs @ The Shabby Creek Cottage,, Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple, hooking up @ house of hepworths, open house @ no minimalist here, share awesomeness @ 36th ave, Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring, Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest, feature yourself fri @ Fingerprints on the fridge, Weekend Bloogy Reading @ Serenity now, Catch as Catch Can @ My Repurposed life, free for all @ 5days5ways, Weekend Bloogy Reading @ Serenity now, feature yourself fri @ Fingerprints on the fridge, potpourri @ 2805
Also, I'm now an Amazon affiliate which means if you buy or d/l those kick ass books, i get like 2 pennies or something, i don't really know.  But i know those were worth talking about.

13 comments:

Kerry said...

Looks like good times. I'd love to see Aruba. I almost said I want to see somewhere new this year... but then I reminded myself we MOVED somewhere new and also visited Phoenix on our way to Florida to this year haha. I guess I can't complain! ;)

Michelle said...

Heaven. I would totally go there and lay my ass on a beach for a week, for a month... for a year.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Your Aruba photos are awesome! Love Charlie's Bar! I've been reading a lot this summer, just so hot to do much else. I just finished the Hunger Games Trilogy and it was really good. I want to see that movie also! Thanks for the recommendations! Keep Cool and your mojo will come back! Hugs, Linda

Paula@SweetPea said...

Aruba looks like a great place to vacation.

The heat has made me totally unmotivated and I've been reading a lot lately, too.

Unknown said...

Still jealous that you got to go to Aruba- great photos! I haven't read either of the books or seen the mover. Night Circus sounds interesting though!

Unknown said...

Looks like a good vacation. I love the box of licence plats.

Kate said...

haha not stalkery at all! comment sections are how I find new blogs to read, too.

I can't wait to read the Night Circus! I just started A Discovery of Witches and it's pretty great so far.

Thanks for stopping by! I'll definitely be coming back here.

Honey at 2805 said...

Great pictures of Aruba!

We've been there a couple of times. Once, we were leaving from there on a cruise and went a day early, and to our surprise it was Mardi Gras. We were staying at the hotel (the Sheraton, I think) and viewed the parade from the pool deck. It was fabulous, but lasted until 5 o'clock in the morning!

So happy you linked to Potpourri Friday! Hope you will make it a weekly party stop!

Seaweed and Raine said...

Loooove that light house! Enjoy slacker mode... sometimes it's just what is needed. :) Thanks for sharing your holiday snaps.

Anonymous said...

The Night Circus is on my list to read! Glad to see that someone else had good thoughts about it!

ForTheLoveOfTheSweetLife said...

Aruba looks fantastic!! So colorful, laid back and ready to roll with the flow!

Cocalores said...

Beautiful holiday photos - I guess a vacation like that can really make up for a bad summer at home! Maybe I should book my flight - it has been raining almost every day for the last four weeks =(

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Reminds me that I really need a vacation! Did you buy a license plate? They were cool!