Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pumpkin Carve Past

Cover your ears...i'm about to say something totally unusual for me. Are you ready? I'm embarrassed. I don't think i can. Deep breathe...here goes...I'm not feeling Halloweenish this year. Say what?!? The girl with the bat tattoo? Not feeling Halloweenish? Yeah, we can probably blame Mexico for that. While everyone was moving onto scarves and boots, i was holding onto my sundresses and flip flops.  I don't know how you guys without seasons do this.  Sunny, hot, and humid in October? Must be summer still. 

I feel myself moving further and further away from seasonal decorating. There is literally one fall related item on display in my home, and that is a pumpkin candle plug in.  The boyfriend is alarmed, as i have bin upon bin stuffed to the brim with witches, bats, ghosts, and pumpkins.

We're not even going to the annual pumpkin carve, as they doubled the price of admission and last year the carved/uncarved ratio was disappointing.  Wasn't worth enduring the traffic the event draws, nor the crowds.  But those that are good, are very very good, and those that aren't carved are wasted. Here are some very very good pumpkins to get you (and maybe me?)  in the spirit!


Shell of a pumpkin.


So pretty and not at all traditional for Halloween.


 Whooo loves this as much as i do?


Bed bugs...don't you find the unknown or unseen the scariest??


This is still one of my all time favorites.


Creepy cobra.


Headless horseman with well planned lighting.

What's your favorite of this bunch? Any other you thought i should have included in the roundup? Check out 2010, 2011, and 2012 when i was willing to brave the crowds.  Happy Halloween, all.
B


Currently @ Dearest Love, Random Wednesday @ Because Shanna Said So, sharing is caring: , thrifty treasures @ southern hospitality, travel photo mondays @ travel photo discovery,   , Monthly projects @ Evolution of Style Make it Pretty Mon @ Dedicated House  inspire me mondays t @ domestically speaking,   Before and After @ Thrifty Decor Chick,    Mod Vintage Life, Motivate Me Mon @Keeping it Simple, persia lou,  home stories a-z, nifty thrifty @ Coastal Charm, be inspired @ elizabeth and co, the scoop @ stone gable,  inspire me tues, lil luna, you're gonna love it @ kimsixfix, get your craft on, sugar bee crafts. your designs this time, inspire me weds @ 733, wow us weds @ savvy southern style,  twirl and take a bow @ house on the way, work it weds @ the blissful bee, outdoor weds @ a southern daydreamer, whimsy wednesday, wicked awesome weds @ handy man, crafty woman, look what i made,  whatever goes weds @ someday crafts, think and make @ houseologie, charm of home, link party palooza @ tatertots and jello, Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring, open house @ no minimalist here, creativity unleashed @ shaken together,inspiration gallery @ Craftberry Bush, Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest, my romantic home, jennifer rizzo, Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity nowfurniture fridays @ mustard seed, Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage, design it fridays @ finding fabulous, best diy @ 36th ave, overflowing w/ creativity @ it's overflowing, nifty thrifty sundays, under the table and dreaming. inspire me please @ liz marie blog,sunday best @ the girl creative  shaken together

12 comments:

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

I just moved from sunny coastal SC to Raleigh and am actually getting a little autumn here. It is strange to see fall foliage again. Those pumpkin carvings are so cool, I love all of them. One of my favorite is the owl.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Some years the holidays just aren't worth the effort! I do love the pumpkins and my favorite is Owl! Maybe you'll feel more Fall-ish in Nov??

hugs,
Linda

The Boston Lady said...

I'm liking the owl one! You must have had fun in Mexico to come back so confused. Lol that's good!

I've had some confusing months lately but can come out of my stupor to recommend these flicks: Whiplash, bird man, The Good Lie , a few more that I of course cannot remember.

Happy bday!

Ann TBL (I will post again one day)

Paula@SweetPea said...

I like the headless horseman one best.

I also am not really feeling Halloween decor this year. I put out a table runner and one or two other things and that's it.

Paula@SweetPea
www.virginiasweetpea.com

GlamVolution said...

OMGosh, these pumpkins are AMAZING! I was hoping to see a glimpse of your bat tattoo :( Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! xo
Monica
GlamVolution.blogspot.com

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Wow those pumpkins are so great! I was awestruck with the owl though! I wasn't going to do much Halloween decorating but somehow found myself doing more than I planned. I think sometimes it's good to back off and then you feel better about it next time.

Mila said...

Oh, I understand, it's hard to feel halloweenish when it's hot and summery.It must be even harder to feel christmasy in Mexico.
The owl is amazing!
xx
Mila
milaslittlethings.com
milawayable@gmail.com

The Charm of Home said...

These are fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Those pumpkins are amazing! And I think it's perfectly okay to not go totally crazy for every holiday, every single year. Sometimes a little break in the frenzy is a good thing!

Unknown said...

WOW that's a lot of work! Amazing! Thanks so much for linking!
Hugs,
Isabelle

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Tried to email you but you are a no reply blogger. Can you send me your email?? Big Hugs, Linda

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Whoa, that's some major creativity! That cobra is so cool...and creepy! Thanks for linking up with us at Best of the Nest!