Thursday, June 24, 2010

you like me, you really like me

Well, at least one person does anyway.

Jill of Jembellish gave me my very first blog award, and i am super excited.  Thank you thank you thank you, Jill who i am insanely jealous of.  She gets to live here:



No, it's not Hawaii, it's Australia.  I know, right?

So here's the deal with this award.  First, i display it.


Check.
Then i must link back to the person who gave it me.  Check.
Then i must come up with 6 truths and 1 lie about myself.  
This amused me-which one do you think is the lie? 

1.  I love halloween so much, i tattooed it on me.
2.  In college, i became addicted to the shop at home channel QVC.
3.  My passion is working to empower women who are victims of rape, sexual assualt, and domestic violence.
4.  S and I, though not married, have been together for 15 years.
5.  I think I was born in the wrong era.  I go weak for the "wah wah" of 40s jazz.
6.  My favorite ice cream flavor is Birthday Cake.
7. I am determined to host an Academy Awards party this year.

Then, I must pass the award onto 7 other bloggers.  This was rather hard to do, because I wanted to ask people if they would accept it before i passed it on.  Some were a no, some i haven't heard from, so i'm just gonna go ahead with it and if they don't pass it on, that is entirely up to them!

First up is Alyssa from 33 Shades of Green.  She was one of my earliest supporters, has inspiring ideas like her summer mantle and fun letter art.  I also really appreciate the time she took to answer a question i had, and included the link in the answer.  That took time, people!

Next is Linda from A La Carte, who comments instead of lurks, has awesome thrifty finds, and loves her cat crazy like i do!  She also just turned 60.  I just noticed Linda has an award free button, so she she is opting out of passing this along.

Sarah from Hennessey House is a super talented artist and first time homeowner.  Her tales of gardening are too amusing, and she isn't above some dumpster diving.  She also opened at Etsy store....personally i love the drawing in her blog header b/c it reminds me of the art in my sunroom.



I feel like Tana from Orange it Lovely and i could be friends IRL, yo, for real.  We live semi near each other, and with the consistent comment interaction we've had, yes, it could happen.  She's on a mission to take her sunroom from drab to fab, and started with these great chair finds.   She baked her first cake for her best friend who is a Styx fan.  I don't think i could even name one Styx song, but i can appreciate her effort! 




Sandy from  The Wonders of Doing is awesome.  She turn a dated old light fixture into a much more modern piece.  I am desperate to get a new one in our upstairs bath, and this may be just the "after" to motivate me to diy it, instead of paying more for a good lookin' chrome piece.

So yeah, that's only 5.  That's all I've got right now.  Love to Debbie Doos who also opted out, but know that i think she rocks!

So, did you guess which one is the lie? 



 
S and I haven't been together for 15 years, it's only 13.  Not bad for college sweethearts who survived long distance while at school, and then living an hour away from each other until 3 years ago.  You're reading the chronicle of our first home, and our first cohabitation after years of only seeing each other on weekends!  It's taken some adjusting, mostly by me, having to cook and launder while he works on the house.  You know how i feel about gender roles, right? But really, nothing is better than coming home to each other every night.  To our home, that we are making together.  Sappy.  I'm done here.

4 comments:

Reunion Committee said...

OMG THANK YOU!! I had no idea hahaha Yep feel the same way, we live close enough!!
oh and I need to know about the tattoo please, since I also have a love for things Halloween. Is it a witch?? lol a black cat (like yours) helloo do tell..
~Tana
oh so what do I do next? lol

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Thanks so much for passing on this award to me! I really appreciate it! I could not guess what was true and what was a lie in your list! So you have a Halloween tattoo??? You do love Halloween!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me with this award and understanding that I just don't do them. I liked learning about you! Love the 'lie' how funny only 13 instead of 15! It is such a change to live with someone. Enjoy your award you deserve it!
Hugs,
Linda

Jill said...

Great post!! I've just had fun scooting around the blogs you awarded - really great. I especially liked Hennessey House.

And where is this halloween tattoo?? Really?? A black cat? Witches hat? Skull??

Have a fab weekend!

p.s. the fruit would be too squishy if I sent it! Sorry........