Friday, September 17, 2010

Scent of a woman

There's nothing i like more than having the windows open on a fall evening- no longer needing the ceiling fan - and smelling the yummy goodness of a food themed candle.  I have lifted my ban on candle buying because i finally used up my stash, and i discovered a new Fall favorite.

Holy moly, this is good.  It's burning deliciously right now, and i can practically taste the cinnamony, spicey....fallness of it all.  This is my first candle burning of the season, and it didn't disappoint!

This is my go to winter scent.  I know, I know, it says Xmas cookie, but it smells like delicious sugar cookie.  I just turn it around so the label faces the wall and burn, baby, burn. 

Pepperminty goodness.  My "weeks surrounding Xmas" scent, which explains why i'm still on the same candle gifted to me 2 years ago.

I relied on my father's nose for this one, and he assures me it meets my dessert loving criteria. The man is thrilled i have lifted the "no candle buying ban" and is determined to replenish my collection.  It's very thoughtful, don't get me wrong, but he is the reason the ban was put in place to begin with! 

So what's your favorite candle scent?  Do you burn specific ones for the seasons?  I'd love some recommendations! 


images from yankeecandle.com
I received no free candles or any other incentives from yankee candle, although it'd be sa-weet if i did.  this is just the brand i use and can speak to from experience.

15 comments:

Lolly Jane said...

ooooh i love all the "treat" smells like sugar cookie, etc. i have a scentsy and LOVE it!

MJ said...

Omg....I love Almond cookie smell! I buy the little melts from the craft store and melt them in my little thingy. lol It makes my house smell like Im making a batch of those delicious little things...I would if I knew how to, maybe I'll google a recipe. Thanks for getting me all excited about Almond cookie smells.

Kara's Korner said...

I'm on a no-candle buying ban too for the very same reason!! I love all of the ones you put up there...love the ones that smell like you can taste them! Um...if that makes sense :-).

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

I cannot agree more with "Autumn Wreath'!! I tried it first last year at this time and fell in love with it! At the end of the season when Yankee candles were having a big BOGO sale, I ordered 6 of them. I was afraid they were going to discontinue this scent. I love, love, love it!!

Kaleena J. said...

The christmas cookie one is my favorite! i like that one and the christmas tree one. Mmmmmm. Once i smell those, it always seems like December. :)

Ruth said...

sounds good...those candles look so good... my fav of all time is strawberry and lavender...:))

Christy B said...

Ohh, I burned Autumn Wreath last year. It was a gift from my sil...love her!!

Oh, in light of your Christmas rant the other day, I must say I was surprised to see the Christmas Cookie one. (-; I know, it's your blog and you can do what you want!!

Love ya~~

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Ha! I think that's funny that your Dad is the reason you were on a candle buying ban to begin with! : ) All those candles sound like they smell delicious. I love candles myself and have them all over the house. I have lots of those little scented ones {tealights, I guess they are considered}. I should probably do the same as you and ban myself from buying any more, but then I do get the odd one as a gift. So that would throw me off!

Debbiedoos said...

Ok I never smelled almond cookie...now I will....I never saw the snowman one either...where have I been. I love anything pumpkin, and cinnamon this time of year. My all time fav from yankee is the rose and gardenia.

Reunion Committee said...

baked apple pie and autumn wreath!
Tana

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

I am a huge candle fan and LOVE the sugar cookie but I may have to go pick up Autumn Wreath and Almond Cookie! Those both sound fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas Cookie smell!! Except that then I get really hungry..

I will have to try the Autumn wreath! Thanks for the reccomendation!

A Midwestern Mrs. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! :)

I had to tell you...I'm such a sucker for scented candles. ESPECIALLY FOOD FRAGRANCES...

Oatmeal Cookie, Maple Sugar, Hazelnut, Caramel Corn, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Spice, Apple Cinnamon...

Lord have mercy, I could go on for hours...

Anonymous said...

Hubby just bought me a scentsy. Love the idea of no flames and they smell yummy. I'm more a spicy/mulberry/cranberry girl. I hate vanilla scents.
Jan

Patti said...

I love the pic with your cat on the dining room table