Thursday, May 6, 2010

don't delay

ok, so every morning on my way to work i cut thru acme's parking lot. i know, you shouldn't do that, get a ticket, blah blah blah. anyway, i pretend i am genuinely looking at acme's wares that they display out front should a copper be looking for scammers like me.

these days, it's flowers, and these flowers, they're pretty. like, actually good looking, not scrawny moment-away-from-death flowers. so i went out at lunch to buy these 6 pack annuals that are on sale for 4.99. not a bad deal, right, 83 cents a flower? for good lookin' flowers? but at the register they rang up for 2 bucks. 2 bucks for a 6 pack of annuals. 33 cents a flower? astilbes, vincas, begonias, something called chocolate mint, the thing that i always confuse with impatiens....i know, i am so very helpful.

i am so excited about this. not about the planting part of it all, tho. never about the planting part.

go, now, go. show me what you get.

1 comment:

Reunion Committee said...

oh I have an Acme right down the street from me. Good looking out!
oh and my hubby's name is FAB lol..that's the joke.. lame, I know lol
~Tana