Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Potty Talk

ok, i guess after that title it isn't a surprise where this little vignette sits. It's on the most unappealing of flat expanse, the back of the toilet. what do you do with that space? must it be ugly? must it only be a vehicle to house room spray? i shudder at the thought of what that image is conjuring, but it had to be said. i have tried this, you see, no room spray. but guests don't seem too thrilled with that option, and no one wants to ask a host where it is. awwwkward! so fine, i add the bottle of room spray. but it uglifies my pretty set up. so what do you do? is it possible to mod podge the bottle of glade/aerosol/febreeze/oust and make it a little more subtle? must i rough up said bottle first to adhere pretty paper? seriously, i'm going to do this. but i'd like your advice, ideas, or help. gracias.

4 comments:

Christy B said...

I think that I would spray paint it a creamy color...then "wire" on some type of rusty metal tag(with a word)around the neck...(-;

Christy B said...

Ok, I'm gonna try this again..(-;

I think I'd try spray painting it in a creamy color...wire on a tag, with a word or maybe a small shell clued on, around the neck.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I agree with Christy! spray paint! Would be so much easier. If it were something refillable, mod podge wouldn't be so bad.
good luck!
gail
thanks for visiting and commenting on my window display cabinet.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Hmm - you pose an interesting question. If it was just a straight up aerosol can of spray, what about if you created a fabric wrap with a Velcro strip so you could reuse with each new can!