Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thanksgiving Possible Nomming


Ok , you guys, i *may* attempt to make this for Thanksgiving.  Have i ever made a dessert before?  El Negativo.  But yesterday one of our interns found a seemingly easy recipe for pumpkin cheesecake which did not involve a mixer of any sort.  Sold.  I will let you know if i actually attempt this or merely place it in a box with the rest of the clipped recipes i do nothing with.   

What are you guys making for Thanksgiving?  Do you have a staple you bring to dinner every year, or something your family would be bummed if you didn't make?  My SIL makes this broccoli casserole topped with breadcrumbs...nom nom nom!

Tomorrow will be the second Thankful Thursday, so get your posts ready!

6 comments:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Oooh...I really want to try this!!! I'm hosting Thanksgiving at our house for the first time. So excited!! My family loves jello salad...it's a family tradition. haha! (Even though I think its a tad gross, it just wouldn't be the same without it).

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Go for it! I promise it's not as scary as it seems!

. said...

I made a pumpkin cheesecake last year. It was a hit!!

Of course I had to do several 'test runs' until it was perfect and I knew I wouldn't mess up the one on the day. :)

Kerry said...

Mmmm Pumpkin Cheesecake! Good choice! I love the recipes from joy of baking! She has some great ones.

Would love to know if you make it and what you think of it!

There's nothing I really make every year - we usually try to switch up desserts here every year (which is the only thing I'm actually good at...)

Anonymous said...

You go girl! If I had never made a desert before for Thanksgiving I would be too chicken to start with cheesecake.. but I am also not the best cook/baker. I am getting my Thankful Thursday post ready!!

Lisa said...

Dessert is the easiest thing to cook! I know you can do it! : )