1. i keep canvas bags in my trunk and S's trunk for grocery shopping. With all the health fairs that i do in the community, i make a beeline for them as soon as i notice they are being given out. I have scored huuuge ones, which means i am fitting more in one bag. If for some reason we forget, the plastic bags then become our trashbags at home in the smaller cans.
2. i love the library. i'm shopping for free, i am using what already has been printed, and i am reducing clutter by not owning these books.
3. our thermostat is on a programmable timer, therefore cooling and heating only while we are there and maintaining an even temp throughout the day so we don't come home and have to amp it up even more.
4. my garden is hooked up to a drip irrigation system, so i am not out there dumping more water than necessary. plus it means i don't have to stand out there in the heat when i am tired and cranky after work.
5. i do all our laundry in cold water which uses less energy, and buy those concentrated bottles of detergent.
6. we replaced all of our lightbulbs with the more energy efficient ones.
7. i turn off the water when i brush my teeth, even though i prefer having it on for reasons that will make me seem crazy. i just feel like they get cleaner when the water is running. i know. there's something wrong with me.
8. we recycle everything at home, and with the help of a few coworkers, have made our office a little greener by placing a recycling box next to all the copiers and fax machine.
9. we replaced all our windows with low e carbon ones to block more heat, therefore maintaining a stable temperature.
10. we grow a teeny tiny amount of veggies which are also a source of pride for a remedial planter such as myself! Next year i would like a raised bed and a larger section, b/c i want to grow zucchini, onion, and lettuce, as well as peppers that i have grown the past two years.
yumzers. i have to act quick, b/c last year the squirrels and rabbits beat me to them while i was waiting for them to get red and perfect. Now when they begin to turn red i bring them in and wait it out.
Yay, a slew of yellow peppers. They are growing in the hideous topsy turvey that S received as a gift. There are two. Joy.
My loot from the library....did you know you can take out all magazines except the current issue? My library doesn't have a limit on how many at a time (some do) and how long you can keep them out (my old library let you have only a week)
What little changes have you made to be greener? Have a great long weekend, and i'll see you back here Tuesday!
linking with these parties: FF@Finding Fabulous, frugal friday @ shabby nest, penching pinching parties @the thrifty home. edited to add: saving money living life fabulous friday