Wednesday, May 26, 2010

WTF Wednesday

This sounds fun, i might try and keep up with this.  As long as Craigslist keeps providing me with winners, that is.  Let's have a looksy....

"saleing a full bedroom set call if you like it im takeing a big lost i got it for 1500 im even selling the bed to all  for 500$ head bord and matress w 2 night stands and a dresser mirra"

the next day....

"saleing furniture full bedroom set a sofia a full betroom set ipod lamps rideo a dineing set"

the next day...

"sealing my sofia my full bedroom set a badroom set a dieing room set.  All furniture for sell have to lave."

and again...

"i have bedroom set dresser mirra sofia for sell all furniture must goooooooo"

 What amazes me with this, besides the blatant disregard for punctuation, is that in all the posts (there are even more) the word "furniture" is spelled correctly every. single. time.  How is that possible?

I understand that there are typos, i'm not that much of a word snob and we all make mistakes, but repeated mistakes on the same word mean more than just a typo.  There was a great comment on the last CL post from Judy who called herself a "word warrior."  I love it.  I'm determined to use it in every day conversation.  Thanks Judy!

2 comments:

Christy B said...

Oh my...that's all I have to say about that.

Kelli @ WhimsiKel said...

Oh my word, I popped over to say thanks for your sweet comment, and this post just cracks me up. Thanks for the laugh!